Now that summer has wound down and school has started back up, it is important to make sure that your car is clean and ready to go. From morning drop-offs, work commutes, various carpooling activities and the winter holidays, you and your family will be spending a significant amount of time in your vehicle.
Quick tips for Back to School life:
- Ensure your vehicle has been properly serviced. You don’t want your car to stop functioning properly during your busy day.
- Keep a first-aid kit ready to go. You never know when it will come in handy.
- Get organized. Whether that means purchasing items such as a portable trash can or a storage bin, it will make your life much easier when driving a bunch of kids around.
- Consider a complete or partial interior detail. Clean seats and car floors are not only healthier for you and your family, but can have a calming effect on you and your children.
Winter Weather Back to School Tips:
- Test your car battery and make sure the terminals are clean. Batteries have a limited life and cold weather can adversely affect their function. You don’t want to get stranding because of a dead battery.
- Check your tires and consider getting winter tires. Icy roads are considerably more hazardous with worn tires.
- Switch to winter wiper blades and make sure you have enough deicing windshield wiper fluid in your car. It’s a good idea to keep extra deicing fluid in your car.
- Keep extra blankets, hats, gloves, and non-perishable snacks in your car, just in case.
- Of course, get a car wash! During winter, you will want to wash your car often to avoid snow, ice, and road grime buildup that can affect how your car drives. Plus, keeping your car clean can provide peace of mind, and a much-needed sense of control when your life is going at 100.
Taking the time to use these back to school and winter weather car care tips can really make all the difference between a typical busy school day and a day that leaves you frazzled and overwhelmed.